This soup is a childhood pastime altered to meet my current Plant Based lifestyle. It is so warming and packed with flavor, best of all - easy ingredients and simple directions!
- 2-3 Tbs EVOO
- 1 garlic clove (fresh/minced)
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 carrot
-1/2 cup of chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup of recáo
- 1/4 cup of Gardein ground crumbles (optional)
- 1 package of Malfalda noodles
- 4 cups of water
- 4 cups of veggie stock
- 32 oz. of your favorite tomato sauce (We used Rao's Marinara)
- 2 Tsp of salt
- 1 Tsp of pepper
1.5-2 Tsp of garlic powder
1. Wash and chop the veggies into small bite size pieces, set aside.
2. Mince the garlic clove, set aside.
3. In a large pot, add some of the oil (1/2 Tbs) in a medium level heat. Then add in the garlic, pepper, onions, carrots, and cauliflower. Stir and allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Next, add in the broth, water, recáo, and the tomato sauce.
5. Let's bring this to a low boil and once it is boiling we will continue building flavor.
6. Add in the noodles and crumbles, we break the noodles in half.
7. Add in 1-2 Tbs more of EVOO, 2 Tsp of salt, the 1/2 Tsp of pepper, and 1 TBS of my salt free adobo (or whatever similar blend you have).
8. Taste this soup and ensure tastes amazing.
9. Allow to cook for ~ 20 minutes.
10. Done! Add your favorite herbs or toppings.