You may be wondering what does a plant based life entail....what is it all about and why are so many people pushing for this diet? I wanted to write a whole thing on health statistics, disease prevention, global issues, animal rights, and so on....but I could hear my husband in the back of my head saying "baby steps" Yvonne.
I don't want to scare anyone away with a magnitude of information, so lets not get lost in the confounding amount of reasons to transition and pull out the deets you are looking for.
So, for this weeks tips...I just want to write a short and focused article on ten general and popular reasons to move away from your meat and dairy animal products. But lets just re-visit for some (and elaborate for others) on what plant based living is versus living vegan. Plant based diets exclude ANY animal food products and by products. This means that one consumes vegetables, fruits, beans, nuts, legumes, and hopefully some of my vegan cakes too lol. Veganism is all of that jazz plus that individual would avoid all products that derive from animals (e.g., clothing, household items, no leather, etc.), potentially advocate for all sentient beings, our Earth's manmade problems, and so on.
Ok...7 REASONS TO GO PLANT BASED:
1. Disease prevention and reversal (e.g. reverse type 2 diabetes, or prevent heart disease)
2. Weight loss or weight maintenance with a lifestyle high in mainly whole plant foods
3. Can't poop? Gain a HEALTHY digestive system that works with you! (VEGANS HAVE INCREASED MICROBIOTA PROFILES IN THE GUT)!
4. Help reduce greenhouse gas emissions (18% or so originates from factory farming animals!)
5.Gain more ENERGY from eating real foods ( due to more nutrient dense foods!)
6.THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION DECLARED THAT PROCESSED MEATS HIGHLY LIKELY CAUSE CANCER.......I MEAN THIS ALONE IS FRIGHTENING (WHO website)
7. SAVE MORE MOULA, MORE CASH, MORE COINS....BECAUSE BELIEVE IT OR NOT...STUDIES SHOW YOUR POCKETS WILL ALSO BENEFITS FROM THIS CHANGE ( NO PUN INTENDED, LOL).
Data from (1,2,3,4,5,) are concepts from T. Campbell's, "The China Study".
STUDY LINK: (http://time.com/money/4066188/vegetarians-save-money/)